Earth Photo: NASA July 2015
Spring of 2017 Launches a new ‘Monterey Bay Spaceport’ ERA
US Commercial Space Launch Competitiveness Act of 2015
November 25th, 2015
Highlights from the October 13th, 2015 iiED Presentation @ the Press Club:
(w/ Federal FY2017 ~ FY2018 Updates)
Monterey Bay Regional Spaceport
(MBRS) Project Site
Marina, CA Municipal Airport (OAR)
Project Site Event Cycles for Federal FY2016 ~ Beyond…
(Oct 1st, 2015 to Sept 30th, 2018)
- Milestones and Measurements
- Flight System Operator’s License
- Facilities Development: On Site and Off Site
Monterey Bay Spaceport Development Centers 1 and 2
Flight System Support Facilities, Platforms and their Co Operative Centers
Development, Integration and Deployment to Outer Space Systems
- Port Authority
Mar 2015 Launch of the MBRS ‘Monterey Bay Spaceport Development Center’ on the:
iiED Press Release:
Information Covered @ the Dec. 4th, 2014 iiED Press Club Event :
(Spaceport License Timeline Updated to 2018)
* The Monterey Spaceport, is now officially known as the “Monterey Bay Regional Spaceport”.
* MBRS is actively pursuing a launch site license under 14 CFR Part 420. The pursuit will produce a license on Oct 1st, 2018. The T.U.E., LLC (MSO) “Concept of Operations” is the Operational Model for the project site. Advanced Manufacturing is key to the roles of day to day Spaceport Operations and to the continuance of the launch facility license.
* The Spaceport will create 250 baseline technical, scientific and industrial aerospace related jobs for the Regional economy.
* The Spaceport will place the Monterey Bay Region at the epicenter of a paradigm shift in flight technologies and space exploration, (23 miles to Light Years).
*The Spaceport will provide unparalleled opportunities for Regional education facilities and institutions.
* Specific niche opportunities will be created by the Spaceport’s primary function as a Scientific Research Station.
* Help with contracting opportunities will be available through the MB PTAC, (an MCBC / DLA co administered program).
c.) T.U.E. (MSO) 2019 ~ all rights reserved